How long have you worked at CLE?
- September 2023 marks 7 years at CLE!
What’s your hometown?
- Clarion, Iowa, roughly 90 minutes north of Des Moines
What was the best concert you’ve ever attended?
- My most recent concert is definitely high on the list! I saw Brandi Carlile at the Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado. The evening was beautiful and the natural surroundings made the performance feel almost like a dream. It was a really incredible experience!
What is your favorite family tradition?
- Kids Christmas! A tradition started when we were kids, my three siblings and I exchange Christmas gifts in our own separate little celebration. A few years ago we also incorporated “the pizza clock” into the gift process and I’m excited to say I’m this year’s owner of our famous family pizza clock!
What’s your drink of choice?
- Before 5pm: Diet Coke. After 5pm: Wine!
What hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
- Learning about and enjoying wine. I teach private wine education classes and I love sharing my knowledge and excitement with others!
What is one thing you cannot resist?
- Swedish Fish candies. My favorite!
Where is your favorite place to be?
- At home on my front porch reading a good book, surrounded by all my house plants!
What would you do (for a career), if you weren’t working for CLE?
- I’d probably be a travel agent.
What are three words you would use to describe CLE?
- Creative. Professional.
What is one item that is on your bucket list?
- A trip to Italy with my husband!
In your poinion, what are two things that make an incredible production?
- Over-sharing! The more information we have means that more details can be confirmed in advance and reduces the potential for last-minute “did-you-knows”. While our crews are always ready for change, it generally makes everyone more comfortable when the details are planned in advance as much as possible.
- Flexibility! Sometimes things change during a show (the keynote has travel issues, a session goes extra long, or the venue’s power goes down for 5 minutes). Things happen but it’s how we deal with them that makes the difference. Keeping a clear head and working together as a team on the best way to handle those changes is incredibly powerful.
Share this Post