CLE Production Talks Series Featuring Special Guest, Professor Joe Goldblatt
October 7, 2019
9:30am – Breakfast and Networking
10:00 am Presentation: Innovating Tomorrow’s Events
11:00 – 11:15 – Q&A Session
11:15- 11:30 – Joe will sell and sign copies of his book
CLE Productions is proud to host the ILEA’s founding President, Joe Goldblatt. Joe is Emeritus Professor of Planned Events at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh. He was the founding president of the International Special Events Society (ISES) and the developer of the original Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) program. Prior to joining Queen Margaret University, he was Senior Lecturer and Executive Director for the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management at Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania where his program was named the best event management education program in the world by the International Festivals and Events Association.
His presentation will be broken up into three main sections.
Part I: Introduction and History
- The history, development and 21st-century relevance of live events
- The five most important factors in the creation of a live event
Part II: What I have learned as a performer, producer, and professor
- A career in live events including work with Donald Trump, President Reagan, Pope Benedict, and others
- Why Live Events are more critical now than any other time in human history
- The 20th and 21st-century technological development of events resulting in events without end
- The most recent innovations and future opportunities in the live production of meetings events including lighting, sound, laser, video, and staging
- The ethical and moral dilemmas facing modern event producers
Part III: The Future of Live Events
- A 22nd-century forecast for the growth and development of live events
The River Center offers a designated gated parking lot for guests to use, less than half a block away. The River Center will provide up to two hours of free parking at the adjacent gated lots with ticket validation upon coming into the River Center for the event.